Monetizing Content Theft

Fred Wilson, a VC in NYC, wrote a very enlightening post, the kind where you slap your forehead duh and wish it came to you first: "I know that Jason Calacanis hates the really simple stealing that goes on with Engadget or Autoblog posts. But you know what? He's not going to stop it. What he should do is monetize each and every post with an ad of some sort and a tracking mechanism of some sort and let the content flow."

AdPulp author recently noticed his and many other ad blogger's content being rudely copied, and I too had an encounter with a secret admirer. In the hindsight, my response was very unproductive. So here's another solution. Every once in a while, I will be hard-coding links to the top rated advertising books on Amazon, mostly the ones I've read and enjoyed myself. They take a fair amount of work since everything is hand-made, but this way the ads are actually relevant and just may be useful. Let me know, though, if that's too much.

BOOK AD:
Hey, Whipple, Squeeze This: A Guide to Creating Great Ads, in which master copywriter Luke Sullivan looks at the history of advertising, from the good, to the bad, to the ugly.
Related Posts with Thumbnails