Farmers Insurance Insures Farmville Farms


Saw this blimp on Farmville's spash screen today. It turns out that "The Farmers [Insurance] in-game integration will use the likeness of its Farmers Insurance Airship, a 246-foot long Zeppelin. When players place the Farmers Airship on their farm, they receive free "wither protection" for the crops on their virtual farm. In a nod to the security that Farmers Insurance offer its customers, this protection means players crops won't wither for the 10 days of the promotion."

Might be too perfect of a fit. It took me a while to register that Farmers is an actual insurance company and not a Farmville in-game reference.

Farmers's Facebook page says theirs is the "largest Zeppelin in the world", and the company raffles out rides.



This is me in my blueberry garden, waiting for the airship to arrive. I'll park it next to my McDonald's balloon.



Update: It's here!


6 comments:

  1. Please let me know how it affects your farming and if it slows down loading of your farms while trying to play

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the blimp, and it hasn't slowed loading at all. What an awesome way for a company to get its name out there!!! Miss Ami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, it's pretty nice. Small footprint, no effect on loading. Smart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for Farmers Insurance. Unlike other companies, this placement is perfect for them. This is a great way for them to get their name out and inform people a little about what they do. Seems like they are following McDonalds, but nonetheless a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the blimp and am happy for it. Since I don't have to worry about crops withering I can work on mastering shorter cycle crops like Raspberries, Strawberries and the seasonal Candy Corn. Thanks for the break, Farmers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very unique and original way to market your product. I'm sure its quite a bit cheaper than having a real blimp at a sporting event.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating all comments to weed out spam (there's a lot of it). Comments are usually approved within a day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails