"These prophecies will seem strange, almost impossible. Yet they have come from the most learned and conservative minds in America:
- Ready-cooked meals will be bought from establishments similar to our bakeries today.
- Automobiles will be cheaper than horses are to-day.
- Wireless telephone and telegraph circuits will span the world.
- Store purchases by Tube. Pneumatic tubes, instead of store wagons, will deliver packages and bundles.
- There will be no C, X or Q in our every-day alphabet.
- Grand opera will be telephoned. [...] Many devices will add to the emotional effect of music. "